25 ESSENTIAL HEALTH TIPS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. Sleep is a cornerstone of mental and physical well-being. Create time for rest after a day's job.
2. The best food for stress management are Avocado and Banana. Others include Milk, Carrots, Yogurt, Nuts, and Fish.
3. Ginger is a good alleviator for nausea. Ginger tea can also relieve menstrual cramps, and lower blood pressure, and is a natural solution for indigestion.
4. Ginger tea recipe:
Add a thumb-sized, sliced piece of ginger root to 6 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and honey to taste.
5. Need a quick solution for sore throat? Add honey to warm water and drink it in the morning.
6. Vegetables are highly nutritious. Always put it last in your meal and make sure you don't overcook it.
7. Iron-rich food is highly beneficial to pregnant women.
8. Tomatoes have something hard to find in any other food, lycopene. And because of this, tomatoes can help protect the skin from UV rays and lower cholesterol. Include tomatoes mostly in your meals.
9. Cocoa powder reduces roughness in the skin and protects against sun damage.
10. Coconut oil is one of the best foods for healthy skin whether you cook with it or use it as a lotion. This sweet oil is loaded with good fats that restore moisture to the skin.
11. High memory boosters are Avocados, Pumpkin seeds, Fish, Coconut oil, Oranges, and Soybean products.
12. Foods that weaken the immune system from fighting off diseases include 1. Foods and drinks high in sugar, 2. Fast food, 3. Soft drinks 4. Alcoholic beverages, 5. Caffeine, 6. Falsely ripened fruits and vegetables, etc.
13. Immune system boosters include 1. Citrus fruits like (Tangerines, grapefruits, oranges, lemons, and limes). 2. Sweet potatoes 3. Garlic, 4. Ginger, 5. Yogurt, 6. Pawpaw, 7. Fishes, 8. Vegetables, 9. Green tea, 10. Chicken and Turkey, 11. Vitamins especially Vitamin C, B6 and E.
14. Children have sensitive skin that can easily be damaged by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation (rays) of the sun, even on cloudy or overcast days. Given outdoor play, much exposure to UV rays occurs before 18 years of age. Please protect kids from the sun.
15. Maintaining a healthy weight might lower the risk of various types of cancer, including cancer of the breast, prostate, lung, colon, and kidney. Please try and include at least 30 minutes of physical activity in your daily routine and if you can do more, even better.
16. Drink at least a glass of water after waking up. It helps activate internal organs.
17. A glass of water before a meal helps digestion. Drinking a glass of water before bathing helps reduce blood pressure. One glass before going to bed helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
18. Beans are a great source of iron and fiber and can keep your cholesterol levels in check, lower heart disease risk, reduce cancer risk, and keep your body humming for longer periods.
19. Egg yolk contains antioxidants that help keep your eyes healthy, and reduce the risk of macular degeneration. Eggs also contain brain development and memory-enhancing choline.
20. Practice good self-esteem: Give yourself credit, cut down on criticism, and be confident for a more healthy outlook.
21. Laugh often: See the humor in everyday life, and youll be a happier person.
22. Dont be afraid to ask for help: When you need a shoulder to lean on, say so. If you dont have anyone, seek out professional help.
23. Wash your hands: Protect yourself from germs and illnesses by washing your hands frequently.
24. Sleep with your lights off: Keep your sleep hormones in check by sleeping with your lights off, including TVs.
25. Create time out with friends, family, and loved ones. Healthy social interaction has been shown to boost mood and quality of life. Find ways to spend more quality time with other people and you will see a difference.
Summary: If youre trying to live a healthier life, dont just focus on the foods you eat. Exercise, sleep, and social relationships are also important.
With the tips above, its easy to get your body feeling great every day.