7 NOTES FROM MARK MANSON
1. Who you are is defined by what youre willing to struggle for.
2. You and everyone you know are going to be dead soon. And in the short amount of time between here and there, you have a limited amount of fucks to give. Very few, in fact. And if you go around giving a fuck about everything and everyone without conscious thought or choicewell, then youre going to get fucked.
3. Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience. Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires. The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering. The avoidance of struggle is a struggle. The denial of failure is a failure. Hiding what is shameful is itself a form of shame.
Pain is an inextricable thread in the fabric of life, and to tear it out is not only impossible, but destructive: attempting to tear it out unravels everything else with it.
4. Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of another.
5. This is the most simple and basic component of life: our struggles determine our successes.
6. Dont just sit there. Do something. The answers will follow.
7. "Dont hope for a life without problems, the panda said. Theres no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.