HOW TO DEAL WITH TRUST ISSUES.
There's always a history of mistrust behind every fellow who is presently struggling with trusting people.
Lack of trust in people is a big sign of a person still living in his/her past.
First of all, we have to understand that the past does not count or matter anymore. The hurts may still be there, but when a person decides to move on - with time, the hurts will be gone.
A person that finds it difficult to trust people, would find it more difficult to trust God. In essence, trust issues affect not just relationships with people; but also one's walk with God.
It is necessary to banish the ghosts of one's past and prepare one's mind for the best memories in life.
WAYS TO DEAL WITH TRUST ISSUES
1. Bury your past: Almost everyone on earth had at some point in time - seen betrayal, and heartbreak, and had even been taken for granted.
Imagine if everyone who had experienced all these negative and traumatic feelings decided not to trust or love people again!
Imagine how gloomy the world would have been! Imagine!
Brothers and Sisters, at some point in time, we have to decide to move on from our hurts, pains, and heartbreaks and prepare our minds and heart for the beautiful things of life.
If you don't bury your past, you will always have trust issues.
Your past will continue to hurt, haunt and mess up your life if you continue to feed its root by not moving on.
Your past becomes lifeless when you decide to move on.
2. Forgive: Forgive your offenders, everyone, that has hurt you at every point in your life..move on!
Your future holds more happiness, joy, and gladness as long as you allow God to keep working on you.
Do not live with regrets and remorse, learn to forgive your offenders and move on.
Living with grudges is a negative feeling, and when you live with negative feelings, you're likely to attract more negative feelings and people.
3. Pray: Pray to God to bring people with good intentions into your life. Have good intentions towards people too.
Make friends with people who are Godly in conduct, actions, words, and behavior. Above all, be that person.
4. Be Good To People: Be good and kind to people. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to achieve this. Being kind does not mean living to please people, it means doing the right thing at the right time. When you're good to people, you will attract more good people into your life.
5. Work on your emotional excesses: No one is perfect; thus working on yourself to get better daily, would help in growing your relationship with people.
Don't expect perfection from people. Even your loved ones will hurt you at some point in time; some willingly, some unwillingly.
Apply Grace in your relationships and work on yourself too. The idea is to become better daily.
Read books on emotional mastery and grow your people's skills.
6. Change of Mindset and thought patterns: Stop believing that most people in your life are there just to hurt you.
Stop thinking that at some point in time, you will have a fair share of betrayal from your close friends.
Kill the 'Everyone is against me' mindset.
Think about being in a loving relationship and marriage.
Think about having a great relationship with your parents and the nuclear family.
Think about having great friends and making meaningful memories with them.
Think about these things, and with time, they will start unfolding in reality.
You will always attract who you are and what you think.
7. The Holy Spirit: Ask the Holy Spirit for help to navigate your everyday life and ask for his counsel in managing relationships and handling people, daily.
The Holy Spirit is the Best Teacher, commune daily and allow him to teach you on how to love, trust, care and have great relationships with people.
Prepare your mind for the best memories of life. Give love, people, and life another chance, I wish you the best.
Best of Grace in all you do.