INEC: This is the Problem With Obingwa Results for Abia Guber 2023
- The total registered voters in Obingwa is about 157,000
- The total number of voters accredited on 18th of March via BVAS in Obingwa is a little above 23,000
- PDP Allegedly allocated a whooping 108,000 votes to itself in the said LGA
- The INEC returning officer upon seeing the unbelievable 'bomb' queried the collated results and contacted its headquarters in Abuja for advice
- The INEC headquarter then mandated the returning officer to suspend the results from Obingwa and directed the commission's southeast zonal office to review the results from Obingwa
INEC will be trying to understand how 23,000 voters who were accredited to vote in Obingwa manufactured 108,000 votes
For the records, below is the voting pattern of Obingwa Local Goverment Area in the current 2023 elections so far.
OBINGWA LGA: presidential election(2023)
OBINGWA LGA: Abia south senatorial election(2023)
OBINGWA EAST state constituency(2023)
OBINGWA WEST state constituency(2023)
Grand Total for Obingwa East and West
Abia state has 17 LGAs and INEC has announced results for 16 LGAs remaining Gov Ikpeazu's LGA, Obingwa.
LP is currently leading with 94,000 votes