» SOME FACTS ABOUT AFRICA YOU DIDN’T KNOW
1. Modern Humans are believed to have originated in Botswana, within the past 200, 000 years ago, solidifying the "Out of Africa Theory.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only spanish speaking country.
3. Morocco is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black person in Africa, Aliko Dangote.
5. Samuel Eto’o was formerly the highest paid Footballer in the world, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011.
6. The nothern most part of Africa is Cape Angela in Tunisia.
7. Lesotho is the only independent state in the world that lies entirely above 1,000 metres (3,281 ft) in elevation.
8. There was a dinosaur discovered in Niger, believed to have been there around 115 to 105 million years ago. It was named Nigersaurus.
8. Burkina Faso is a leader in African art and culture and hosts the largest craft market in Africa.
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s former President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe was the world’s most educated President with 7 University degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest football club in Africa.
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goalscorer in European competition.
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most richest city in Africa.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.
15. President Nelson Mandela is regarded as the well known person in the world.
16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.
17. Egypt was the first inventer of Paper and Ink.
18. Equatorial guinea has the highest literacy rate in Africa, 95% (2020).
19. In Rwanda There is a better gender equality than England and USA.
20. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7, 2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy award winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China’s.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaias Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without being colonised.
26. Haile Selassie 1 was the 225th and last Emperor of Ethiopia.
27. Nigeria has the most monarchs in the world.
28. Angola has more Portuguese
speakers than Portugal.
29. President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos has ruled Angola since 1979.
30. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is Africa’s longest serving Head of State. He has ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979 when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His son,Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue is his Vice President and will succeed him if he resigns.
31. George Weah of Liberia is the first man to win World, European and African footballer of the year in the same year.
32. Eswatini is the only remaining absolute monach in the world.
33. The Gambia is the smallest country in Africa followed by Eswatini.
34. The first black African Gold medalist is Abebe Bikila from Ethiopia, who won in 1960 after running barefooted.
34.1. King Sobhuza II of eSwatini, married 70 wives, who gave him 210 children between 1920 and 1970.
35. Zimbabwe is the only country in the world where almost everyone was a billionaire at one point due hyperinflation.
36. Kenya has the highest paid members of parliament. They are paid more than those even in oil rich countries.
37. Botswana has the most valuable Diamonds and the richest diamond mine in the World, The Jwaneng diamond mine.
38. Ghana was the first country in sub-Saharan Africa to gain independence post-colonialism.
39. Ghana was ranked as Africa's most peaceful country by the Global Peace Index. Lake Volta, in the Volta region of the country, is the world's largest man-made lake.
40. Ugandans were ranked as the best English speakers in Africa (2017).
41. Tanzania is the largest country in East Africa and includes the islands of Zanzibar, Pemba and Mafia.
42. Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, with over 215 million population.
43. Rwanda is now the largest producer of Coltan, mineral used to make tantalum using in mobile phones, camera etc.
44. In 2009, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) had an estimated $24 trillion in untapped mineral deposits, including the world's largest reserves of coltan and significant quantities of the world's cobalt reserves.
45. Malawi is home to the third largest lake in Africa, Lake Malawi.
46. Malawi is the first tea producer in Africa at a commercial scale.
47. Zambia relies on copper as one of its biggest exports.
48. Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park has one of Africa's highest densities of big game.
49. Kenya is the first and only African country to produce USA president, Barrack Hussein Obama
50. South Africa has the highest number of super-rich residents in Africa, with 38,400 dollar millionaires.
51. Gambia produced the highest judge on the international court of justice fatou Bensouda.
52. The highest mountain in Africa is the Kilimanjaro found in Tanzania and second highest in the world.
53. The longest river in the world, the Nile starts from Uganda but it is controlled by Egyptian Government.
54. South Sudan is the Youngest country after it was declared free and independent in July 2011. She is rich in mineral resources and agricultural products, Petroleum among Others yet her citizens are poor.
55. Cape Town has been voted the best city in the world 7 times, On the Telegraph Travel Award.
56. Liberia was the first African country to gain independence 1847.
57. Cameroon is the first country in Africa to reach the quater finals.
58. Environmentalist Wangare wa maathai of Kenya was the first woman to win Nobel prize.
59. Lesotho is land locked country inside south Africa.
60. Sierra Leone is the country with oldest university with western style and also the oldest church in in western Sahara.
61. Seychelles is the most developed country in Africa
62. Madagascar is the wordl's largest producer of Vanilla.
63. Mozambique is the only one-word country name to feature all 5 vowels.
64. Namibia is home to the world's oldest desert, Namib desert, dating back to 55 mya.
65. eSwatini has the world's oldest mine, Ngwenya mine.We Africa Proud https://wap.org.ngAuthor: adex3g 2 months
0 Comment . 0
Like . 52 Views .