Top 10 lessons learned from the Book: "Invent and Wander"
1.We humans coevolve with our tools. We change our tools, and then our tools change us.
2. My grandfather looked at me, and after a bit of silence, he gently and calmly said, Jeff, one day youll understand that its harder to be kind than clever.
3. "The way you earn trust, the way you develop a reputation is by doing hard things well over and over and over."
4. "To invent you have to experiment, and if you know in advance that its going to work, its not an experiment."
5. We believe that its technology married with the humanities that yields us the result that makes our heart sing.
6. Smart people are a dime a dozen and often dont amount to much. What counts is being creative and imaginative.
7. "Most of the inventing we do at Amazon goes like this: somebody has an idea, other people improve the idea, other people come up with objections for why it can never work, and then we solve those objections."
8. "You have to use heart and intuition. There has to be risk-taking. You have to have instinct. All the good decisions have to be made that way."
9. "I wont list all of our failed experiments, but the big winners pay for thousands of failed experiments."
10. Theodor Seuss Geisel: When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
Visit here for more: