Top 15 Lessons learned From The Book "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff "
1. When we judge or criticize another person, it says nothing about that person; it merely says something about our own need to be critical.
2. Your heart, the compassionate part of you, knows that its impossible to feel better at the expense of someone else.
3. Thinking of someone to love each day keeps your resentment away!
4. Criticism, like swearing, is actually nothing more than a bad habit.
5. Being heard and understood is one of the greatest desires of the human heart.
6. Choose to be kind over being right and youll be right every time.
7. If we would just slow down, happiness would catch up to us.
8. When youre in an ill mood, learn to pass it off as simply that: an unavoidable human condition that will pass with time, if you leave it alone.
A low mood is not the time to analyze your life.
9. True happiness comes not when we get rid of all of our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice, and to learn.
10. We live our lives as if they were one big emergency!
We often rush around looking busy, trying to solve problems, but in reality, we are often compounding them.
11. I guess its safe to say that practice makes perfect. It makes sense, then, to be careful what you practice
12. When you have what you want (inner peace), you are less distracted by your wants, needs, desires, and concerns.
Its thus easier to concentrate, focus, achieve your goals, and to give back to others.
13. We tend to believe that if we were somewhere else on vacation, with another partner, in a different career, a different home, a different circumstance somehow we would be happier and more content. We wouldnt!
14. Ask yourself the question, Will this matter a year from now?
15. There are two rules for living in harmony. #1
) Dont sweat the small stuff and #2
) Its all small stuff.
Study mathematics to understand physics
Study physics to understand chemistry
Study chemistry to understand biology
Study biology to understand psychology
Study psychology to understand economics
Study economics and philosophy to be free